So a few months ago I stumbled upon this transformation here. I remembered my grandparents having one when I was a little girl so I called my grandma up and asked her if she still had it and she did! SCORE! She was nice enough to give it to me so I was extra excited. Anyways, here is was I started with:
This was after I took the back off:
Like the website, I wanted to cut mine in half so it wasn't so deep. Jeremiah and his dad did a great job. Then, Jeremiah cut and put in shelves for the piece. What a great guy!
Ready to go!
We went to lowe's to get the paint and stain and I was able to find a "oops" color on sale for $2.50 instead of $15. Great deal! The stain supplies cost around $10 but I have enough to do at least 2 more projects if not more. The staining wasn't too bad but I definitely think I will get better the more pieces I experiment on. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I think I am really going to love it, I just have to find the perfect place to put it.
I changed the handles to go with a more vintage look. I love them!
Well, there you go! My first total transformation! I can't wait to do it again!