Glowing Green Smoothie- My Version

Two recipes in one week!! I wanted to share another recipe for you that I have been loving this summer.  Our summer hasn't been too hot but that doesn't mean I don't want a cold breakfast.  I found this recipe on pinterest and thought I would roll with it.
First try: WAY TOO GREEN and I LIKE green.
So here's my recipe:

Let's start with the greens: I mix 1 1/2 cup water with half a bag of spinach, a whole head of lettuce and 3 or 4 stalks of celery. It's VERY green.  DO NOT try it at this point.


The original recipe calls for everything pictured except the peach. I got them homegrown this week and I couldn't resist adding them to my smoothie. Add whatever you would like.


This is my secret ingredient.  I add about 1/2 cup and it makes all the difference.  It used to taste all green and now it's perfect.  

Try it.  I DARE you.



Glowing Green Smoothie-My Version
1 Head of Lettuce
Half a bag of fresh spinach
3 or 4 stalks of celery
1 large or 2 small very ripe bananas
1 apple
1 pear
1/2 lemon juice
1 peach (if you want)
secret ingredient: orange juice or fresh orange

Blend it all. It makes about 3 16 oz. servings and it only stays fresh in the fridge for about 24 hours so I save one in the fridge and distribute the other 2 in containers and put them in the freezer and set out the night before in the fridge.  

Enjoy! Happy Thursday!

Comments

Popular Posts